One of my favorite past-times every since I was a little kid has always been baking. My mom, as I grew up, always had a cake, or cupcakes, or something sweet baking in the kitchen and I loved being her little helper. I hope one day I can do the same with my children in the future, and these vanilla cupcakes are super easy to make for any occasion whether with your children, friends, or just for fun.
1 1/4 cup cake flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup canola oil or vegetable oil
1/2 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake tin with liners
2. In medium bowl whisk cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. Beat the eggs in an electric mixer.
4. Add sugar, vanilla extract, and canola oil and continue to beat.
5. On medium speed add half the flour mixture and half buttermilk. Then add rest of flour mixture and buttermilk.
6. Pour mixture into cupcake liners and bake 12-14 minutes.
8oz cream cheese
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Whip the heavy whipping cream on high speed for 1-2 minutes.
2. In a second bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
3. Fold in the whipped cream into cream cheese mix.